Officially known as the United States of Mexico, the country is surrounded by water on three sides and boasts of the best marinas in the world. Mexico is the twenty-third highest tourism spender in the world, and the highest in Latin America. Tourism in Mexico has developed rapidly and has the potential to become one of the most sought after locations in the world. Marinas in Mexico are highly developed and is considered to be the best in the world. They have the perfect combination of natural beauty and technical superiority. Some of the most beautiful marinas in Mexico are:
- Marina CostaBaja: It is considered the finest marina in Mexico and beyond. A protected location with superior design and concrete docks, Marina CostaBaja’s double-basin design offers controlled access to 250 prime slips for vessels ranging from 30 to 220 feet. Each slip provides every conceivable convenience from potable desalinized water, secure dock boxes, high-speed Internet, and pump out access. Additional amenities include the largest fuel dock in the area, crew lounge, laundry service, marine supply store, 24-hour security and a staff that is dedicated to helping in any way possible.
- Puerto Los Cabos: Set beside the tranquil waters of a palm-cloaked, fresh-water estuary, The Marina at Puerto Los Cabos occupies a spot once frequented by treasure galleons and the pirate ships that lay in wait for them. Now a sought after destination for world-class sport fishing, the area is a living connection between Los Cabos’ maritime past and future. This picturesque gem of a marina, surrounded by a collection of fine art sculpture that will surprise and thrill you, is the quieter, more sophisticated of the two marinas in Los Cabos. One of the largest privately held marinas in Mexico, the Marina at Puerto Los Cabos will host over 400 yachts and provide a multitude of reasons for getting out on the open sea. In addition to the famed deep sea fishing, gray and humpback whales return every winter to calve and to mate and can often be seen within minutes of leaving the docks.
- Marina Cabo San Lucas: It is a world-class destination marina that offers an outstanding range of on-site conveniences for luxury yacht owners, their guests and crew members. The marina features 380 slips and accommodates vessels over 300 feet with a max 24 foot draft and boasts the highest quality services and amenities expected at a luxury yachting marina. Strategically located in the harbor of Cabo San Lucas, at the very tip of the Baja Peninsula, the marina hosts renowned sport fishing tournaments for marlin, tuna, dorado, and wahoo. With many offerings located on-site and just steps away including diverse charters, restaurants, entertainment and shopping venues, Marina Cabo San Lucas is clearly one of the globe’s foremost sport fishing destinations. Situated along main yachting routes in a protected harbor, Marina Cabo San Lucas includes an ultramodern fuel dock offering gasoline and centrifuged diesel at highly competitive prices; pump-out station.
Apart from Mexico, two other sites in the Caribbean that hold a lot of potential for tourism are Belize and Cozumel.
- Belize: It is a country located on the north eastern coast of Central America. A combination of natural factors—climate, the Belize Barrier Reef, over 1,000 offshore Cayes (islands), excellent fishing, safe waters for boating, scuba diving, and snorkeling, numerous rivers for rafting, and kayaking, various jungle and wildlife reserves of fauna and flora, for hiking, bird watching, and helicopter touring, as well as many Maya ruins—support the thriving tourism and ecotourism industry. Of the hundreds of cave systems, it also has the largest cave system in Central America. Development costs are high, but the Government of Belize has designated tourism as its second development priority after agriculture.
- Cozumel: It is an island in the Caribbean Sea off the eastern coast of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula. Tourism, diving and charter fishing comprise nearly all sources of income. There are more than 300 restaurants on the island and many hotels, some of which run dive operations, have swimming pools, private docks, and multiple dining facilities. Other water activities include Para-sailing, kite surfing, and a tourist submarine. There are also two dolphinariums.
Mexico is truly a beautiful country and in many ways similar to India whether it is its geography or the vast and rich culture it possesses. It is a wonderful country truly worth visiting if you are planning a yachting holiday! Do contact us for more information on international yacht charter packages.
Compiled by Vignesh Iyer.