Recreational fishing, also called sport fishing, is fishing for pleasure or competition. It can be contrasted with commercial fishing which is fishing for profit or subsistence fishing which is fishing for survival. The most common form of recreational fishing is done with a rod, reel, line, hooks and any one of a wide range of baits. Boats that are used for sports fishing are called Fisher Boats.
Bertram, the legendary Miami-based sport fishing yacht manufacturer, is internationally renowned for outstanding performance in big seas, and leading edge marine design innovations. Today’s Bertram continues to draw on the combined experience of its heritage, and that of its parent company, the Ferretti Group.
The Bertram 800 is the largest and advanced sports yacht built by Bertram. The 800 delivers extreme power and performance of a sport fishing vessel while exuding ultimate luxury and comfort. The 800 features an advanced hull window design that is constructed with multiple layers of tempered glass. The 800 features a four cabin layout and offers multiple layout options for the master staterooms that can be customized upon request. This vessel is built for supreme sport fishing and Bertram is known to make fishing a comfortable experience, providing a fully equipped yacht for every fisherman’s needs. As the future of sport fishing, the Bertram 800 sets the standard for the sport fishing industry. The Bertram 700, 64 and 570 are also equally renowned for their performance.
Another company that dominates the manufacture of sports fisher yachts is Viking Yachts. They have celebrated four and a half decades in business building luxury performance sport fishing and cruising yachts. Started by brothers Bob and Bill Healey in 1964 when they bought Peterson-Viking Builders, a small, struggling New Jersey builder of 37-foot, wooden sport fishing boats, Viking Yachts has grown to become a world leader in semi-custom fiberglass yacht production with over 4,000 Vikings delivered.
Angling is a method of fishing by means of an “angle”. The hook is usually attached to a fishing line and the line is often attached to a fishing rod. Fishing rods are usually fitted with a fishing reel that functions as a mechanism for storing, retrieving and paying out the line. The hook itself can be dressed with lures or bait. A bite indicator such as a float is sometimes used. Angling is a principal method of sport fishing, but commercial fisheries also use angling methods such as long lining or trolling.
Sport fishing requires a lot of rules to be followed. There are laws and regulations involving sports fishing especially angling. These commonly include permits closed periods where specific species are unavailable for harvest, restrictions on gear types, and quotas. Laws generally prohibit catching fish with hooks other than in the mouth or the use of nets other than as an aid in landing a captured fish. Some species, such as bait fish, may be taken with nets, and a few for food. Sometimes, (non-sport) fish are considered of lesser value and it may be permissible to take them by methods like snagging, bow and arrow, or spear. None of these techniques fall under the definition of angling since they do not rely upon the use of a hook and line.
Fishing seasons are also to be taken into consideration before going to fish. Fishing seasons are set by countries or localities to indicate what kinds of fish may be caught during sport fishing for a certain period of time. Fishing seasons are enforced to maintain ecological balance and to protect species of fish during their spawning period during which they are easier to catch. Slot limits are put in action to help protect certain fish in given area. Slot Limits vary from lake to lake depending on what local officials believe would produce the best outcome for managing fish populations.
Guidelines for Angling:
- You need to learn how to tread lightly if the river you are in requires you to wade through it. You all must know already that sounds can travel a great distance under the water surface. And the slightest sound you make may inadvertently end up scaring the fish.
- It is all the more important to decide upon the time you want to go out for fishing. Deciding the time is so important that you will see it as a fundamental river fishing tip almost everywhere.
- The next natural thing that you also need to be aware of is the various sections in the river. The current plays an integral part in the migration of the fish and the more you know about this, the higher will be your chances of catching more game
- This is the best option to carry live bait for river fishing. And accordingly, the presentation of the live bait is very important in determining the reactions of the fish. Needless to mention that the more realistic you make it look, the better your chances.
- You will find the biggest congregations of fish in the deeper areas. And it works best when the climate is warm. This is a very important tip and if you do not know this you may end up wasting a majority of your time wading through shallow areas while this could ultimately turn out to be useless.
Compiled By Vishwaja Salian
For more information on Viking Yachts in Mumbai or India contact:
WEST COAST MARINE YACHT SERVICES PVT. LTD.
Colaba Workshop Building,
Jamshedji Bunder, Lala Nigam Road,
Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005. INDIA.
Tel. 022 2285 6127 / 022 2283 1495
Fax. 022 2282 9602
For more information on Bertram in Mumbai or India contact:
54 Grant Annexe,
19/A, B.K. Road,
Colaba, Mumbai – 400005.
Tel: +91 22 22021708/09/10/11
Fax: +91 22 22875365
Contact Person: Ms. Anju Dutta, Ms. Lopeni Kikon
Mobile: +91 (0) 9821912932, +91 (0) 9920204080
For more information on fishing and angling equipment, or to purchase, contact: