National Institute of Technology Warangal’s annual technical fest, TECHNOZION’14 is conducting the event JAHAAZ for the sixth time this year. The fest will be held this year on October 17, 18, and 19. Providing a platform for young engineers, researchers & entrepreneurs to exhibit, interact & nurture their technical & managerial skills, Technozion has become a regular course in the curriculum of every engineering student in South India. From its inception in 2006, the euphoria, grandeur and the exuberance encompassing TECHNOZION has augmented year by year and is the top priority for a Technical festival across various engineering colleges in India. Last year, Technozion observed a footfall of 15,000 students, researchers and professors across 800 colleges in the country participating in the fest. It has also observed the presence of CEO’s, CTO’S, policy leaders & entrepreneurs.Majority of the people participating in the fest are in between the age group of 18-25. The number of people participating in the fest has grown linearly, year-by-year.
This year JAHAAZ gives you a chance to satisfy your speed thirst and to feel the experience, thrill, desire and passion towards RC Boat Racing. Jahaaz is the all-time favorite spotlight at Technozion, the National level Technical fest of National Institute of Technology, Warangal. JAHAAZ is an RC Boat event that gives a chance to satisfy speed thirst and become the undisputed champion of the waters! The problem statement is to construct a wireless boat (with electric motors) which needs to traverse the entire arena within the minimum time. Jahaaz is the biggest hit spotlight event of Technozion for the past three years. Jahaaz has the highest number of registrations for the past two years ranging from 220-260 team registrations each year. Each team registered has a minimum of 3 members and a maximum of 5 members.
RC Boat Specifications:
- The boat should be fully remote controlled with onboard battery.
- The minimum dimensions of the boat should be 30cm x 15cm (including rudder and propeller).
- The maximum dimensions of the boat should be 50cm x 25cm (including rudder and propeller).
- The boats hull must touch the surface of the water (i.e. you cannot build a hovercraft or submarine).
- Only onboard power supply is allowed, no external power supply is allowed. Voltage difference between any two points on the boat should not exceed 12V.
- The hull (the part which touches the water surface) should not be a readymade one.
- Boats cannot be constructed using readymade Lego kits or any readymade mechanism. Violating this clause will lead to the disqualification of the team.
Judging criteria will be based on:
Number of obstacles.
Check points crossed.
For further details you can check the below link of the event on the TECHNOZION’14 website: