India’s west coast is fantastic for coastal sailing and water sports, and, if you live in the city, the Mumbai harbour offers a safe and conducive environment for all kinds of water sports like jet skiing or kayaking. Take up a new sport or simply plan something new. It is more accessible than you think. Follow the step-by-step guide to explore the waters around Mumbai!
- Pack a change of clothes, a towel, some sun-tan lotion, a cap and shades.
- @ Rs. 200/- return, hop onto a Ferry from the Gateway of India to the Mandwa Jetty (1 hour).
Travel in style and actually reach Mandwa in 20 minutes – charter a speedboat at Rs.1000/- per person, minimum 8 persons. Now that’s definitely affordable luxury!
- The Water sports location is just off the jetty on the right hand side. (Pioneer Water Sports, Mandwa, Alibag, +91 9850303031)
- Jet Skis, Kayaking, Banana boat rides, Bumper float rides, Fishing Trips, Island Trips and many more! Packages start @ Rs.500/-. Timings are from morning 8.30am to 7 pm.
- Holiday resorts are very close to the jetty and rates are as little at Rs.600/- going up to Rs. 3600/- for a room per day with meals. For a really wonderful experience, stay overnight and experience the thrill of watching dolphins while you kayak next morning…
- Kayakers of all levels are encouraged towards greater health, increased energy and full body fitness.
- Once you are away from the noise and pollution of the city a new wave of energy engulfs you… There is always something to do once you step foot in Mandwa! The scene changes within just a couple of minutes. You are away from the noisy concrete jungle breathing in fresh air amidst greenery and a relaxed easy atmosphere.
For sailing memberships and yacht charter packages click here.