Looks like this one’s truly going to be a happy new year! 2017 seems to be a promising year with tons of time to relax and utilize your leaves. Here’s a list of holidays and long weekends to plan your much awaited vacations! While Jan and Feb have a long weekend each, March and April are packed with short breaks. Beat the summer heat and get on to the waters. Once you are out in the breezy harbor, the sun is surprisingly not so harsh and the fresh cool winds are a pure delight. What a great way to get yourself a light summer tan we say! Get grounded in May with no long weekends to balance out the ton of fun in the sun you’ve just had. We get lucky again in June with a possibility of one long weekend. While July and September have none, August and October make up for them two fold! Its all work and no play again in November with of course December compensating for it and closing another eventful year for us. Yay!
If you are wondering what’s on offer, we have an affordable, accessible and exciting list for you. Follow the step-by-step guide to get you out of Mumbai and back in no time!
- Pack a change of clothes, a towel, some sun-tan lotion, a cap and shades.
- @ Rs. 200/- return, hop onto a Ferry from the Gateway of India to the Mandwa Jetty (1 hour).
Travel in style and actually reach Mandwa in 20 minutes – charter a speedboat at Rs.1000/- per person, minimum 8 persons. Now that’s definitely affordable luxury!
- A Water sports location is just off the jetty on the right hand side. (Pioneer Water Sports, Mandwa, Alibag, +91 9850303031) Jet Skis, Kayaking, Banana boat rides, Bumper float rides, Fishing Trips, Island Trips and many more! Packages start @ Rs.1000/-. Timings are from morning 8.30am to 7 pm.
- Holiday resorts are very close to the jetty and rates are as little at Rs.600/- going up to Rs. 3600/- for a room per day with meals. For a really wonderful experience, stay overnight and experience the thrill of watching dolphins while you kayak next morning… Kayakers of all levels are encouraged towards greater health, increased energy and full body fitness.
- Once you are away from the noise and pollution of the city a new wave of energy engulfs you… There is always something to do once you step foot in Mandwa! The scene changes within just a couple of minutes. You are away from the noisy concrete jungle breathing in fresh air amidst greenery and a relaxed easy atmosphere.
For packages in Water Sports Vacations, visit: http://www.indiayachtpage.com/archives/product/water-sports-sailing
For packages in Boutique Villas and Homestays, visit: http://www.indiayachtpage.com/archives/product/boutique-villas
Some more related posts include: